Sunday, August 22, 2021

I Love ___ (My Tom T. Hall Tribute)




I just found out the "The Storyteller" died this past Friday. Since the beloved Tom T. Hall poetically shared with us what he loved in his song, "I Love," I decided I would share things too that I love as a tribute to him. I am no Tom T. Hall but I adore this song enough to put myself out there for him as he always did for us. So, here it goes:


I love fireflies flickering in the dark, slowly strolling through the park

Ice cream on a hot afternoon, and the moon

I love owls hooting into the night, children giggling with delight

The smell of coffee in the morning, and exploring

And I love you too


I love walking barefoot in the grass, remembering loved ones that have passed

Art that speaks to me, and the sea

I love classic muscle cars, bands that play in bars

Clouds that look like shapes, and grapes

And I love you too


I love when a good song comes on the radio, lazy days when there is nowhere 

you have to go,

A candlelit church on Christmas Eve, and trees

I love a cool breeze on an Autumn day, when things just seem to go your way

Dragonflies gliding through the sky, and pie

And I love you too Mr. Hall


Photo credit: tom_t_hall.jpg (1200×630) (rickyskaggs.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Next Step

  The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy The boy and the horse are in the woods and the boy says to the horse, "I ...