Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To blog or not to blog? That is the question.....

I have been contemplating this notion for months but I kept telling myself, "You are not exactly a web master. Your computer is ten years old, you can't even keep track of your cell phone and you have NEVER even tweeted! So, can you seriously and diligently maintain a blog?" Obviously, the answer is "yes." I have made it here today.
So, my next question is, " Why does this blog idea keep popping into my head and appeal to me so much?" Well, I guess it is the possibility of feeling like I am somehow staying in touch with the world or a personal journal of self expression or a much needed and desired creative outlet. All of those sound like good reasons, right? So, why did it just not seem like enough to motivate me?
Well, because there was still one big lingering and annoying question remaining in my head? My last hurdle tripping and somewhat teasing me from the blogosphere was probably the same hesitation of what most bloggers face: What in the heck was I going to blog about?
Then, after months and months of pondering and stretching my thoughts for clever or unique ideas, I suddenly realized the most obvious answer was boldly staring me in the face! ME!
Surely, I had an interesting and relevant story to tell! Oh boy, oh boy, did I ever! My last year as a laid off worker has been a roller coaster ride full of emotions, discoveries, and revelations! Okay, it is not an earth shattering or uncommon story in this day and age. Nope, not enough! This blog must run deeper!
So, at this point, I must vow to not give it all away but I will tell you this! I am using this as my opportunity to stand out as a familiar face and one of the many many many voices of this economic crisis we now know as life. However, I have not only survived this, but, I have actually learned to embrace it. Yes, you heard me right! I said, "embrace it!"
I will tell you how and why I have used this period of my scary and confusing existence as an opportunity for self exploration and enhancement which I strongly believe I wouldn't have had time to do if I had not been thrown off course......





2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! You did a wonderful job you should really think about writting books. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here, and glad I am. I cannot wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete

The Dash - 2024 Edition

 As 2024 approaches, it’s time for me to put  my intentions out there and to use this post to inspire me to keep them throughout the year.  ...