A collection of my thoughts, beliefs, quotes, and inspirations that have kept me grounded....
1. Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up.
2. Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.
3. Terrible experiences don't make you stronger, but, they do show you how strong you can be when there is no other choice than to be strong.
4. As time goes by, you'll understand what lasts, lasts; what doesn't, doesn't. And what time can't solve, you will have to solve yourself. So, don't choose to live in an unresolved past. Make peace with it, leave it there, and move on.
5. Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
6. Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
7. Be an encourager. The world has enough critics.
8. The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply. Make sure you understand first before you reply.
9. The two hardest things in life are saying hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.
10. Never lie to someone that trusts you and never trust someone that has lied to you.
11. People inspire you or they drain you - choose wisely.
12. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
13. If something is important to you, you will find a way. If it isn't, you will find an excuse.
14. You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.
15. Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can only be forgiven but not forgotten.
16. Always show more kindness than seems necessary because the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.
17. It's okay to be angry with God. He can take it.
18. Crying with someone is more healing than crying alone.
19. Everyone has a story. Make sure you listen to it before you judge.
20. Take a minute everyday to be still and listen. The Earth is always singing.
21. Your dreams don't have expiration dates. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind and try again.
22. Get rid of clutter. It weighs you down in many ways.
23. Life is a delicate balance of holding on and letting go. Figure out and accept when it is time to do both.
24. It's NEVER too late to be happy.
25. My personal favorite quote is "To see faith, you have to shut the eye of reason." Don't ever be too afraid or too bitter to believe in miracles. They do exist.
26. If laughter is the best medicine, then, silliness is the best therapy. Never be too serious or old to do both when you need it or the moment allows for it. You can't say the word,"bubbles" angry. Try it.
27. Your children will only have one childhood. Make sure you give them wings to fly, roots to find their way back, and reasons to stay.
28. Envy is a waste of time. Accept and cherish what you already have, not what you think you need.
29. It is much sweeter to grow old than to die young. Take care of yourself!
30. Everyone has baggage. You will know you are in love when you want to help them unpack it.
31. Travel is the only thing you buy that truly makes you richer.
32. With that said, remember no matter where you are, everyone smiles in the same language.
33. It feels better to be selfless than selfish. No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed, and show up. Don't let others down.
34. No, child. Life isn't fair but it is still pretty damn good. Always remember it isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Like Forest said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You NEVER know what you are going to get." So, don't try and put it back. Eat it and deal with it the best way you can.
35. However, never forget that Life ALWAYS offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow.
Plus one more: And finally...Don't make promises you can't keep. Period. I can't promise you I will be here for the rest of your life, but I can promise you I will love you for the rest of mine.